1114 Views     900 Upvotes    2 Minutes Read    550 Words 
 Upvote Go Back #AP-Courses #Harvard #Extracurriculars
 Mentee:
Hi! How many AP classes did you take in high school?
 Mentor:
I took 2 my junior year and 5 my senior year, so 7 total. But every school is different! My high school was fairly small so we didn't have too many options for ap classes, but other high schools may have more or even fewer options, so the particular number that you take shouldn't really be too important as long as you take the hardest courses that you feel comfortable taking
 Mentee:
Ok thank you so do you think it's good that I have taken 9: AP human geography 10: AP world history AP environmental science 11:(this year) AP statistics AP biology AP English (lit and comp) AP us history And AP physics 1 Next year I will take 6
 Mentor:
Oh yes that's plenty lol
 Mentee:
Thanks our school is SUPER competitive in everything so if you don't take 4 or more you have no chance of being in the top 10%
 Mentee:
High school 9th grade: Classes: Pre-AP Art 1 Pre-AP Geometry Sign language 1 Pre-AP Biology Pre-AP Geography Pre-AP English 1 Cheer (freshman) AP tests: -AP Human Geography -3 Clubs: -mayors fitness council -ability team -winners circle 10th grade: Classes: AP environmental science Pre-AP English 2 Sign language 2 Pre-AP Chemistry AP world history Pre-AP algebra 2 Cheer (junior varsity) AP tests: AP environmental science-3 AP world history-3 Clubs: Winners circle (officer) KSHAC Ability team Class officers (historian) Environmental science club HOSA Mu Alpha Theta UHS 11th grade: Classes: AP statistics AP biology AP English 3 Pre-AP pre-calculus AP us history AP physics 1 Cheer (varsity) Clubs: Biology club Physics club Winners circle (secretary) wellness club (president) Got hope club KSHAC NHS 12th grade: AP English 4 AP macroeconomics AP government AP calculus AB AP chemistry AP art history AP psychology/student aide Cheer (varsity) Clubs: Biology club (president) Got hope club Wellness club (president) KSHAC NHS
 Mentee:
Do you think this is ok? The senior year stuff is what I plan to do next year but the wellness club I created myself
 Mentor:
Wow yeah that seems like a lot
 Mentor:
It's cool that you have a lot of variety and I think it's good that you stuck with many of your activities for 4 years. It's also great that you started your own club! It shows leadership
 Mentee:
Ok thank you so much for your help!
 Mentor:
Yeah of course. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! I'd love to help :)
 Mentee:
What were your grades/rank/sat or act scores if you don't mind me asking Harvard is one of my dream colleges and I really want to increase my chances of being accepted
 Mentor:
Uh well I think it's important to remember that Harvard doesn't admit it's students solely by their numbers. Yes I had good sat scores, a good gpa and all that, but you just need to do the best that you can do. From what I've learned from being here, Harvard really cares about the people that it admits and things like sat and gpa are only really used to compare people from different schools. If you come across as a decent, involved, curious person in your application, I think that your chances of being accepted are greatly increased
 Mentee:
Ok thank you so much
 Mentor:
Yeah no problem