546 Views     300 Upvotes    2 Minutes Read    478 Words 
 Upvote Go Back #USC #Biology #Extracurriculars #SAT-ACT-Prep #12th-grade-Senior
 Mentee:
Hi! I'm currently a high school senior and I really want to go to USC. My mom works there so it would really help me financially and it's close to where I live! Also, I'm interested in the school's bio major. My unweighted GPA is 3.79 and my weighted is 4.23. I have taken 6 APs (including this year) and 6 honor classes. My GPA has risen from 9th grade and I'm going to be taking Act this Saturday, I think I'll get around a 32 because that's where my score is for practice tests. As for my extracurricular I am a research intern at USC. Also I've been in MUN for four years. I'm also really involved with clubs, I started an Alzheimer's Awareness club last year and was co pres and this year I'm sec. Because I can't be pres of more than one club, I've been part of HOSA ( a health club) since 9th grade and last year I was a secretary and this year I'm pres, also I was a greenworks officer for two years and member for four years. And I'm in NHS, just a member. I was wondering if you have any advice for me and also if I should take sat subject tests?
 Mentor:
Heyy Sana! First I'd like to thank you for reaching out to me. I would love to talk to you about your options and give you some insight into the usc community. Would you be available for a call in about an hour? If not, I can text you back some insight in an hour as I am currently in a meeting.
 Mentee:
Can you text me please.
 Mentor:
Okay so I think you definitely have a very strong academic and extracurricular background! Seeing how your mom is already at USC I believe that you will also have a slightly better hand than those you apply with because USC really values their family. The Trojan network is no joke, they take care of their own! As for the subject tests, I dont have personal experience taking them and based on your background I dont think you need to take it, but it wont hurt you either! Its important that you know however that this is just advice and I can't give you the recipe to guarantee a spot as each application is reviewed as differently as the person who sends it. Personally I think you definitely have a fighting chance! If you have any other biological experience whether that's research hours or other clubs, definitely include that. Also, if you have any activites/hobbies that are away from education like sports or cooking or something, make sure you mention that too so that you dont seem too robotic. If there is anything else I can help with, do let me know :) Good Luck!
 Mentee:
Thank you so much! :))
 Mentor:
Anytime!