1551 Views     1200 Upvotes    2 Minutes Read    426 Words 
 Upvote Go Back #Major-Selection #Yale
 Mentee:
I've always wanted to go to Yale and specifically for biomedical engineering. What has your experience been like so far and how did you ultimately decide your major? Thanks! 😊
 Mentor:
My experience has been amazing. Yale offers small class sizes so my biggest class is 20 students, and there's so much one on one attention available through "study halls" and "discussion sessions" and office hours for hard classes like organic chem and multi variable calc and physics. We also have individual tutors available if needed, as well as writing tutors. In terms of extracurricular activities, I've found plenty to meet my interest in global health and biotechnology which is very exciting, and now I'm trying a bunch of clubs to see which I want to join long term. As for social life, Yale makes it super easy to make friends and meet people from all different backgrounds, and it's one of my favorite things about being in college. To choose my major, I looked at different curriculums for various majors go see which had the classes I was most interested in and I also looked at career options. Please let me know if I can help with anything else!
 Mentee:
Oh my gosh that was so much help! Haha! For admissions, my college counselors keep telling me that Yale is a reach but I want to prove them wrong. I have a 3.94 UW and a 4.52 W GPA, 1530 (new) SAT, and a 34 ACT. I think I got like mid 700-s for SAT II's and 5's on pretty much all my AP exams. Do you think I have any shot at all? Thanks so much! 😊
 Mentee:
Oh my gosh that was so much help! Haha! For admissions, my college counselors keep telling me that Yale is a reach but I want to prove them wrong. I have a 3.94 UW and a 4.52 W GPA, 1530 (new) SAT, and a 34 ACT. I think I got like mid 700-s for SAT II's and 5's on pretty much all my AP exams. Do you think I have any shot at all? Thanks so much! 😊
 Mentor:
Yale is a reach for any applicant, but you can't get in if you don't apply, and you c ant get in if you don't put work into your application so keep doing what you're doing! You definitely have a shot but make sure you have a holistic application beyond test scores and grades. That's going to help you stand out, because the majority of applicants are academically qualified. You're welcome!