334 Views     100 Upvotes    1 Minutes Read    320 Words 
 Upvote Go Back #NYU #California
 Mentee:
Hi I am applying to NYU this fall. I have never visited NYU before because I live all the way in California. I was wondering if you could share your experience starting at NYU? Also any background info like where you came from, how was the transition, did you have to move far, etc.? Any extra information you want to add would be rlly helpful. Thanks in advance!
 Mentor:
Hey it's almost 2am here in NY~ I will contact you in the morning ~
 Mentor:
Hey I am also from California! You know it was pretty scary because I was moving in all by myself during the freshman welcome week. Although the moving in was a little tough if you have your family help you it should be a smooth exciting process. Welcome week was great and was also when I met many friends that I am still friends with to this day as a junior. The city is easy to adapt unless you are not used to busy and crowded streets. It was great that you don't have to drive everywhere in the city. The food is great! The NYU community is great at welcoming and you will be right at home within the first few days!
 Mentee:
Thanks for the advice! Knowing u came from across the coast makes me feel better about it. When u were packing did u have to ship ur stuff over or how did u bring ur stuff to nyu? Also what in ur opinion is the best freshmen housing and how did u learn how to use the subway?
 Mentor:
When I first moved in I definitely shipped some big items such as blankets and I think the best housing option for freshman are most definitely UHALL and Founders Hall
 Mentor:
I actually don't really ride the subway all too often but it is very well organized and I'm sure someone around can help you
 Mentee:
Okay thanks!