565 Views     121 Upvotes    1 Minutes Read    363 Words 
 Upvote Go Back #Harvard
 Mentee:
I want to pursue a career in the field of Architecture, and my question is: Can undergraduates study architecture in Harvard or is it only for graduates?
 Mentor:
Great question! So you won't have any undergrad at Harvard concentrating (Harvard's lingo for majoring) in architecture. In that sense, architecture is only at the grad school level
 Mentor:
Idk if you're familiar with how med school works, but it's pretty similar. There's no "Doctor" major in undergrad at most schools, but plenty of them become doctors
 Mentor:
So there are actually a bunch of interesting options for undergrads interested in going to architecture grad school
 Mentor:
And a lot of interesting architecture classes aimed exclusively at undergrads about architecture
 Mentee:
Thanks for responding so fast, and for example if I get into Harvard, what major would I choose that would later on connect me to study architecture?
 Mentee:
Also if you don't mind answering, what is Harvard looking for in a student? What are some of the things they wanna see in the application?
 Mentor:
Depends on which part of architecture interests you the most :D!
 Mentor:
There's a really neat concentration called "History of Art and Architecture" if you're compelled by the aesthetics
 Mentor:
If you're more into the practical matters you'd want to go maybe an Engineering Sciences approach
 Mentor:
Or heck, you'd probably even be fine going the Applied Math with an area of application in Architecture if you like math
 Mentor:
I'd love to answer that question, but in order to do it any justice, I'd have to write an essay :) (I have a lot of thoughts on that, lol). I'd be more than happy to discuss it, in particular how my comments might apply to you over a call where I can get words out faster than by typing on my phone!
 Mentee:
How do I call? I'm sorry, I'm new to this.
 Mentor:
LOL, great question XD
 Mentor:
I don't see what you see, so I'm gonna have a hard time answering that
 Mentor:
But I think if you go to my profile, there's a way to click schedule a call?
 Mentee:
Oh I founded, I'm going to see the options and I'll schedule a call
 Mentee:
*found it
 Mentor:
Awesome, look forward to it!