507 Views     300 Upvotes    2 Minutes Read    443 Words 
 Upvote Go Back
 Mentee:
Hi! I was recommended to talk to you!
 Mentor:
Hello Kara! What did you need help with
 Mentor:
I'll be checking the app on and off so feel free to type out whatever questions you have for me:)
 Mentor:
I'll be checking the app on and off so feel free to type out whatever questions you have for me:)
 Mentee:
Hi! I'm currently a pre-nursing student at University of Hawaii at Manoa and I'm looking to transfer to another school next fall. I want to be in California and somewhere where I can get my nursing degree. Any help would be appreciated
 Mentee:
Hi! I'm currently a pre-nursing student at University of Hawaii at Manoa and I'm looking to transfer to another school next fall. I want to be in California and somewhere where I can get my nursing degree. Any help would be appreciated
 Mentor:
Okay awesome. So for California if you were looking at UC schools I could be the most helpful with that as I went to UC Davis
 Mentor:
 Mentor:
Ucsf has a great nursing program so I definitely recommend checking them out
 Mentor:
And I would suggest applying to transfer to any of the UCs they all have great programs and they're pretty good at helping transfer students transition :)
 Mentee:
Okay! My only problem would be getting in. I applied to UC's out of high school and I didn't get in. Is there any that I would have a better chance at?
 Mentor:
Ya I mean tons of people transfer to UCs that didn't get in on the first try so it's worth a shot
 Mentor:
Otherwise there are other non UC schools u could try like Santa Clara university, university of San Francisco, San Jose state
 Mentor:
What year are you at Hawaii ?
 Mentee:
1st
 Mentor:
okay ya I would definitely give transferring a shot!!
 Mentor:
for UCs I mean. Especially of ur 1st year at Hawaii gpa was good and u have some activities to write about u should be ok
 Mentee:
Okay sounds good! Are there any UC's that are easier to get in than others ?
 Mentor:
Definitely
 Mentor:
Berkeley LA and San Diego are hardest
 Mentor:
Then Davis then Irvine then merced and then riverside
 Mentee:
Hi! Do you know which schools specifically take lower division transfers? Because I know most CSU's do not.
 Mentor:
Hey
 Mentor:
Sorry I had errands to run when you replied. But ya there's a couple of them would you want to set up a call through the app later this week that would be best I think!
 Mentee:
Yeah sure! how does that work?
 Mentor:
You go to my profile and hit schedule appointment
 Mentor:
You go to my profile and hit schedule appointment
 Mentor:
And u pick a time that works
 Mentor: