346 Views     101 Upvotes    1 Minutes Read    275 Words 
 Upvote Go Back #11th-grade-Junior #Finance #NYU #Admission-Process
 Mentee:
I'm currently a junior in high school. I'm very interested in a major in Finance and am looking at NYU's Stern school of business. Since you have some prior history with them, how hard was the application/admittance process? Were you interviewed?
 Mentor:
I didn't apply to Stern, just NYU's school of arts and sciences. The process was pretty standard: 250 word "why NYU" supplemental and submitting SAT/ACT scores. I didn't interview with them.
 Mentee:
Do you like your major Economics. I'm really considering a major in Finance and was wondering if I should double major in Finance/Accounting. Do you know any one who double majored and actually liked it? I feel like having another major with finance will give me more opportunities and security later in the future.
 Mentee:
Do you like your major Economics. I'm really considering a major in Finance and was wondering if I should double major in Finance/Accounting. Do you know any one who double majored and actually liked it? I feel like having another major with finance will give me more opportunities and security later in the future.
 Mentor:
I know lots of people in different schools who double or even triple major, and they really like it. It just requires taking more classes, but most double or triple majors do that over the summer. I really like economics because I think it's interesting and I like keeping up with the markets in the news. Double majoring in finance/accounting sounds great but just make sure you're genuinely interested in it and definitely talk to people with those majors.
 Mentee:
Thanks for the help. I'll text you if I need anything else. Have a good weekend